9/11 Commission Report Mirror
|click for our analysis of the Report|
Edited Mirror of Portions of the Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
As a public service, 9-11 Research provides a partial mirror of the 9/11 Commission Report, published in its entirety at the 9/11 Commission website. In addition to the separate sections listed in the Table of Contents, our mirror provides a single document that collecting all of these sections except for the Notes.
- The 9/11 Commission Report Table of Contents
The 9/11 Commission Report as a single document
Combines all parts of the Report -- executive summary, chapters, appendices, and preface -- except the Notes into a consolidated document.
- Notes for the 9/11 Commission Report (1.1 MB)
The creation of this mirror was prompted by the several deficiencies in the format of the 9/11 Commission's website, and the fact that it is likely to remain frozen. This partial mirror of the Commission's Report makes the following improvements over the original.
- It provides a merged version of the Report, combining the 13 chapters, appendices, and preface into a single document for ease of search and download.
- It adapts the Search tool to use the more powerful Google search engine to search both the original Commission Report on www.911commission.gov, and the pages of 911research.wtc7.net.
- It removes the <base> tag, making it easier to spider the site's contents.
- It hyperlinks entries in the Table of Contents pages to referents in the chapters of the Report.
- It reduces needlessly large image files.
The consolidated version of the Report contains its own Table of Contents with all of its entries hyperlinked to their referents in the document. Thus one can search the entire Report by simply browsing two documents: the Report consolidated into one document, and the Notes.
In addition to these changes to the Report's organization, we have linked phrases in the Report's introduction, such as independent, bipartisan, full and complete account, preparedness, and immediate response to the attacks, to pertinent pages of 9-11 Research.
back to Mirrors