Official Response to the September 11th Attack
According to the official story of the 9/11/01 attack, that day saw:
- The largest failure in the history of the U.S.
military to defend against foreign attack, including:
- The failure to protect the World Trade Center from terrorist attack, even though the landmark was targeted in 1993 and was a known terrorist target.
- The failure to protect the Pentagon despite well over an hour of warning time, and the availability of interceptors at Andrews Air Force Base just 11 miles away.
- The largest security failure in the history of civil aviaition, involving four successful hijackings, with the total failure of hijacking countermeasures.
- The three largest and most mysterious structural failures in world history -- the total collapses of WTC Buildings 1, 2, and 7.
If one peels away the outermost layer of the official story to reveal the numerous reports of warnings of terrorist attacks on the U.S. from other nations and from domestic agencies such as FBI field offices, the failures appear even more damning.
Yet with all these failures, no official involved in the response to the attack received so much as a reprimand. The "investigations" that followed were investigations in name only, lacking any meaningful powers and the will required to discover the nature of the failures on 9/11/01.