Actions Appear Premeditated to Enable the Attack
Authorities undertook a number of actions in the days and months preceding the attack that appeared to facilitate the attack. These include the following:
- The FAA's ban on armed pilots, implemented two months before the attack
- The FBI's shutdown of hundreds of Arab websites a week before the attack
- Lapses in building security on the weekend before the attack
- A reported increase in evacuation drills of the Twin Towers in the lead-up to the attack
- The scheduling of a number of war game exercises to coincide with the attack.