Only Demolition and Severe Earthquakes Have Leveled Skyscrapers
Steel-frame high-rises have been in use for over a century.
- No steel-frame high-rise has ever collapsed due to fire.
- Other skyscrapers have been ravaged by severe fires.
Both fires exhibited:
- One Meridian Plaza fire blazed for 18 hours,
gutting 8 floors.
- First Interstate Bank Building fire burned for 3-1/2 hours,
gutting 4 floors.
These fires were much worse than those in the Twin Towers and Building 7.
- Large emergent flames
- Extensive window breakage
- Blazes filling multiple entire floors
Neither fire significantly damaged vertical steel columns.
- Outside demolition, total collapses of steel buildings are
even in the event of severe earthquakes.