A Genuine Investigation Was Needed
FEMA's inconclusive $600,000 report
is treated as the last word
on the cause of the collapses.
- The total collapses of WTC 1, 2, and 7
where the largest failures
of engineered steel structures in history.
- No one anticipated such buildings could fall from fires.
- Fires have never leveled steel-framed buildings.
- Only severe earthquakes have caused total collapse.
- If official explanation is correct then:
- Existing engineering theory is invalidated.
A new phenomenon -- progressive collapse -- has to be invented.
- No steel-frame building is safe --
Isolated fires can cause total collapse.
- Billions of dollars in retrofitting will be required.
- Firefighters should no longer enter burning buildings.
- A serious investigation was called for, requiring at minimum:
- billions of dollars to fund an investigation
commensurate with the disaster
- a paid staff of forensics experts and scientists
- thorough documentation of the crime scenes
- preservation of the evidence,
recording locations of pieces at scene before transport to warehouse