Building 7's Exclusive Tenants
Unlike rest of WTC,
which came under private control in July 2001,
WTC 7 was privately owned since its construction in 1985.
Building 7's short list of tenants consisted entirely of
government and financial institutions.
- Financial institutions
- Salomon Smith Barney (SSB)
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Federal Home Loan Bank of New York
- First State Management Group
- TT Hartford Insurance Group
- American Express Bank International
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- Government agencies
- Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- US Secret Service
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
The collapse of Building 7 destroyed thousands of SEC casefiles
of ongoing investigations into companies such as WorldCom.